Health and Safety
“Customer and employee welfare will always remain a priority.”
Paul Schofield “ Founder & Managing Director “ of PA SCHOFIELD Ltd
PA SCHOFIELD Ltd “PAS” takes the Health and Safety of its employees, projects, clients & the public extremely seriously. This is why we carry:
- Full public and product liability insurance up to £10million
- Employer’s liability insurance up to £10 million.
In addition, we employ a specialist independent health & safety company with years of experience in the contracting & construction industry that works along side our in-house management team. Which enable’s us to remain up-to-date with current legislation.
“PAS” management ensures that all contractors under P.A.S. instruction comply with health and safety legislation in accordance with the new Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
Health and safety at work legislation imposes a statutory duty on employers to ensure, in so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of their employees, whilst at work. This duty also extends to others who may be affected by that work.
To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within our organisational structure.
We will, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure that proper provision can be made for health and safety.
- Risk assessments are carried out and periodically reviewed.
- Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances, for use at work, are safe and without risks to health.
- All employees are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work, and the safety of others who may be affected by their actions.
- The provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment is safe and without risk to health.
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure suitable cover for work-related road safety.
- The place of work is safe and that there is safe access to and egress from the workplace. Emergency procedures are covered on site via toolbox talks conducted by the main contractor or PAS management/site management/foreman.
Activity monitoring is undertaken to maintain agreed standards.
- Awarded ALTIUS Assured vendor registation no. 314532.
- Awarded ALTIUS CDM Approved vendor status.
- CITB, ConstructionSkills Levy compliant.
- CHAS “Health & safety scheme” Accredited contractor 2012.
- IPAF & NPORS Licensed Cherry picker operators.
- PASMA Scaffolding Licensed operators.
- FIRST AID at work qualified operatives.
- CSCS Site Health & Safety Scheme all operatives qualified.